Category Archives: Training
Shepherd University has introduced Photobiomodulation to their advanced practice nurses and faculty members
Shepherd University in partnership with the Photobiomodulation Therapy Foundation, announced its new health education initiative Wednesday during a day-long workshop, which introduced PBM, or photobiomodulation, to Shepherd’s advanced practice nurses and faculty members. It is considered the first step in bringing the application of light-based treatments into the nursing curriculum.
“PBM is important to West Virginians,” said Dr. Sharon Mailey, acting dean for and chair of the … Continue reading
Shepherd University announces new strategic health education initiative.
Shepherd University and the PBM Foundation will tackle healing in a different way, by bringing the science and application of light-based treatments into their curriculum.
Read the full article and watch the video on localdvm.com
Here are some suggestions to help you develop your patient informed consent form
- Do you understand that this is a laser and light therapy treatment intended to stimulate healing and relieve pain?
- The treatment should not be painful and you should feel no significant heat, but you might feel a pleasant warmth.
- Are you pregnant?
- Are you epileptic?
- Do you have any known carcinoma?
- Are you photosensitive or taking any photosensitising drugs ?
- Warn patients they may have temporary aggravated symptoms after LLLT
What else ?
Please add your comments and suggestions below
– SPIE Call for papers, two days left
– ASP Symposia in 4 weeks, Rochester NY
– Sydney Australia conference
– THOR Training Canada Australia USA UK
– 41 New Research Abstracts
– THOR are recruiting
– Distributors wanted
Edinburgh, Washington DC, London, Bristol, Manchester, Los Angeles, Chicago, click below